We know how hard it is to apply sunscreen on wriggling babies and kids, especially those who are sensitive to touch. Protect your family from the harsh UV rays this summer by applying your sensitive sunscreen with a Solar Buddy!
Solar Buddies are the world’s first award winning, child-friendly, refillable sunscreen applicators. Designed in Australia by Mums, for Kids!
The Solar Buddies are an easy way for children to apply their sunscreen in a sensory-friendly way, while making sure that it is applied with even coverage. This makes them perfect for ages 3 and up, while also supporting individuals with autism and sensory issues who dislike the sensation of being touched or rubbed.
Solar Buddies are sold as an empty vessel and can be filled with up to 100ml of your favourite sunscreen. *Sunscreen is sold separately.
We recommend pairing your Solar Buddy with our We are Feel Good Inc. Sensitive SP50+ Sunscreen as is it gentle, fragrance free and rubs in easily.
Why we love Solar Buddies for sunscreen application:
Solar buddies are refillable - making them eco-friendly and reusable
- There is less mess and less waste. Sunscreen is not spilled and is applied evenly with the soft spongy applicator.
- No messy hands - perfect for young children or those with sensory sensitivities.
- Holds up to 100 ml of sunscreen - making it the perfect travel size
- Kids love using them - making sunscreen application a breeze.
Some Important things to note:
- This purchase is for 1 x Solar Buddy unit only (1 x unit with inbuilt sponge applicator). Sunscreen is sold separately.
- Solar Buddies work with most sunscreens. However, we advise not to use oily or watery type sunscreens (e.g Sprays) as they can leak.
Sunscreen can get smelly if left on the sponge for too long. We recommend that you wash the head in warm water every couple of weeks and leave to dry on the window sill.
My son refused to put on sunscreen with anyone including our family. I use this daily and put it in his backpack for kinder too. He can apply it himself, feels safe, non greasy hands and is 100% protected from our harsh UV. I even use it now!